Grants To Teachers
For the 2012-2013 School year over $ 45,000 was awarded to Chickasha Public School teachers, totaling 25 grants awarded. There were 74 grant applications totaling over $147,000 in requests. This year grants touched every student Pre-K through 6th grade. Grants were also awarded to CMS, CHS & CQA. This years grant recipients focused on technology and core curriculum in the classroom.
Winning Programs Included:
- Literacy & Math Enrichment through Technology
- Smart Board Software
- The Sound of Music, a Field trip of Music
- Common Core Workbooks for 6th graders
- NEO SmartOption Mobile Labs
- Activity rugs for pre-K
- Exploring the Impressionists
- Young Investor's Guide to Money
- Rock and Mineral ID
- Engaged Learning wth Microscopes
- Preformance Recording
- Around the World
- Medival Fair Field Trip
- Test for Success/Buliding Success in Test Taking
- Exploring World Cultures through Art History & Architecture
- Preparing for Your Future
- Ipad for the Classroom Guidance
Thank you goes to the many donors, members, supporters and partners with the Foundation who value education in this community and are generous people who see that these students have an inspiring future. Without the donors, members, supporters & partners continued support, these grants would not be possible.
GRANTS TO TEACHERS : - )
Charity Guinn, Kindergarten Teacher at Bill Wallace Early Childhood Center, was awarded a Grant from CPSF for a SMARTBOARD in the 2010-2011 school year. She has spent a tremendous amount of time preparing for the new equipment and software getting lessons ready for these students to be engaged in the learning process. This is the first SMARTBOARD in the classroom at Bill Wallace. Congratulations Charity on your grant and Thank You for your innovation!