Grant Writing Tips
Grant Writing Tips
- All equipment and materials purchased with these grant funds becomes the property of Chickasha Public Schools. The site administrator should be notified so the items can be placed on the school inventory upon receipt of materials.
- Your chances of receiving a grant will be better if your idea is educationally sound and shows creativity. Include how PASS Objectives fit into your project.
- Discuss the concept with your school principal. Principal’s commitment is essential. Will your project impact the physical plant or the learning environment of students not included in the project? If so, briefly include comments in the application.
- Have a clear idea of what you want and communicate how it will be used in the classroom!!! You have to make your case in type-written form. In clear and concise sentences, describe your project, how it impacts student learning, and why it deserves to be funded.
- Detail your budget request. Include specific information such as kinds of materials and equipment needed. List sources of supplies and costs. Please comparison shop and find the best price but also maintain school standards. Technology items and specifications can be obtained from Industry Systems and are quotes are easily accessible by your computer. Example: Six “Learning to Read” books, ABC Supply Co., $33.00 plus UPS Shipping & Handling of $8.00.
- More than one proposal at a time is acceptable and feel free to resubmit previous proposals if they have been denied because of lack of funding. Revisit the previous proposal to see if there is any improvement necessary and/or to update your information.
- If you are scheduling a field trip, please include the bus driver’s fee, the number of miles expected to travel and the average cost of fuel per gallon. Transportation can help you with accuracy of fuel costs.
For additional instructions, questions or assistance with this application, please contact Lou Christian, Executive Director at the administrative office at extension 1009, or via e-mail at LChristian@chickasha.k12.ok.us HAPPY WRITING!